Why You Need This Book
The messaging concepts are well known in the enterprise software domain but they
are only starting to spread out to other platforms.
This book provides an introduction to messaging protocols for mobile and
- Explains the concept of messaging protocols in contrast to request/reply protocols such as HTTP
- Emphasizes the power of messaging protocols suited for mobile and Web platforms
- Includes examples of mobile and Web applications sending and receiving messages from messaging brokers
- Introduces messaging protocols suited for mobile devices
- Discusses messaging client libraries for popular mobile platforms and Web browsers
- Demonstrates how to integrate messaging into the application data flow
- Explains how to access legacy enterprise messaging infrastructure from mobile devices
Mobile and Web developers
Previous programming experience is recommended.